Albany and Denmark, WA
Total funding: : Total project cost of $8.1 million, with funding of $4.05 million from the Australian Government under the National Water Security Plan for Cities and Towns and the remaining funding provided by the Western Australia Water Corporation.
About the project
This project will implement an integrated water efficiency program incorporating a behaviour change program, retrofitting, and an active leakage detection and repair program.
This project will:
- reduce potable water use by 665 million litres each year
- provide economic benefits through potential deferment of water supply and wastewater treatment infrastructure, energy usage, and water and wastewater treatment costs, and
- provide environmental benefits through reduced surface water and groundwater extraction and reduced energy usage.
The project commenced on 19 August 2010 and is scheduled for completion by 30 June 2012.
- Securing water supplies for Western Australia – media release 9 June 2010.
- Western Australia Water Corporation website
National Water Security Plan for Cities and Towns projects are funded by the Australian Government's Water for the Future initiative.