Water has many unique and important properties and can be used to demonstrate other key chemical and physical processes. By understanding these properties, we can better understand our natural and living environment.
This key concept provides links to educational resources that focus on understanding the basic properties of water such as:
- molecular composition and bonding
- surface tension
- density and buoyancy
- physical processes such as gravity, force, pressure and changes of state
- chemical processes such as solubility and reactions
Search for Properties of water resources
Use the drop down lists below to search for educational resources on the properties of water.
Select a key concept from the list below to use our guided key concepts search
- Human water use, activities and perceptions
- Water use by business
- Water supply and infrastructure
- Catchment and water quality
- Water conservation
- Water and government