Featured content, part of a carousel. Controls are above the content.
The Australian Government is providing national leadership on the challenges of meeting future demand for water in a drying climate.
The Murray-Darling Basin Plan delivers on the Australian Government's commitment to restore the Basin's rivers and wetlands to health while supporting strong regional communities and sustainable food production.
The Australian Government's Plan for a Cleaner Environment - Clean Air, Clean Land, Clean Water and National Heritage - will help realise the vision of a great society by protecting and improving our environment for future generations.
For information about the Department's Water initiatives
Water web sites
- Bureau of Meteorology - water info
- Commonwealth Environmental Water
- Murray-Darling Basin Authority
- National Water Commission
- National Water Market System
- Independent Expert Scientific Committee on Coal Seam Gas and Large Coal Mining Development
- Water Efficiency Labelling Scheme
- Other government and state agencies