Permits and licences for activities in Commonwealth Parks and Reserves


Certain activities in Commonwealth parks and reserves will need approval from the Director of National Parks under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) or the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Regulations 2000 (EPBC Regulations). Activities include commercial tours, commercial filming and photography, research and other commercial activities such as events.

Permits and licences for Commonwealth terrestrial reserves

Australian National Botanic Gardens

Booderee National Park

Christmas Island National Park

Kakadu National Park

Norfolk Island National Park

Pulu Keeling National Park

Uluru - Kata Tjuta National Park

Permits for Commonwealth marine reserves

Activities in Commonwealth marine reserves are allowed under a range of different approvals. For more detail go to Commonwealth marine reserves. For enquiries about permits please contact