Featured content, part of a carousel. Controls are above the content.
The Australian Government will work to instill a new sense of pride in Australia's heritage. We will work with local communities to share the stories about the things that have helped shape our nation and to ensure that our heritage places are protected for future generations.
Community Heritage & Icons Programme
A new Community Heritage and Icons Programme will:
- protect Australia’s National Historic Sites
- help local historical and heritage groups collect and preserve our local heritage
- grants for the conservation, development and exhibition of our local cultural heritage
Our Borders and Beyond
Australia’s environment extends from the northernmost tip of Cape York to the southern land masses of Heard and McDonald Islands and Macquarie Island in the Southern Ocean and the 5.9 million square kilometres that make up our Australian Antarctic Territory.
- Matthew Flinders' map
- Community Heritage Grants Programme
- A Green Army for heritage