Arnhem Commonwealth Marine Reserve
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MARINE USERS
Until a management plan comes into effect transitional arrangements apply.
- Under the transitional arrangements, there are NO CHANGES ON THE WATER for users of new areas added to the Commonwealth marine reserves estate.
- NOTE: There are no changes to management arrangements in the marine reserves that existed prior to the establishment of the new reserves, that is, the same restrictions on activities will continue to apply even where those reserves have been incorporated into new reserves.
|Depth range||5-30 m (approx.)|
|Types of zoning||
Major conservation values
- Important resting area for turtles between egg laying (internesting area), for the threatened flatback turtle
- Important foraging habitat for breeding aggregations of the:
- migratory bridled tern
- migratory roseate tern
- listed marine crested tern
- Examples of the ecosystems of the Northern Shelf Province (including the Arafura, Arnhem-Wessel and Cobourg meso-scale bioregions)