Roebuck Commonwealth Marine Reserve
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MARINE USERS
Until a management plan comes into effect transitional arrangements apply.
- Under the transitional arrangements, there are NO CHANGES ON THE WATER for users of new areas added to the Commonwealth marine reserves estate.
- NOTE: There are no changes to management arrangements in the marine reserves that existed prior to the establishment of the new reserves, that is, the same restrictions on activities will continue to apply even where those reserves have been incorporated into new reserves.
|Depth range||<15-70 m (approx.)|
|Types of zoning||
Major conservation values
- Foraging area adjacent to important breeding areas for migratory seabirds
- Foraging area adjacent to important nesting sites for flatback turtles
- Includes part of the migratory pathway of the protected humpback whale
- Adjacent to important foraging, nursing and pupping areas for freshwater, green and dwarf sawfish and foraging and calving areas for Australian Snubfin, Indo-Pacific Humpback and Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphins
- The reserve provides protection for shallow shelf habitats ranging in depth from 15 metres to 70 metres
- Examples of the ecosystems of the Northwest Shelf Province provincial bioregion and the Canning meso-scale bioregion