Temperate East Marine Bioregional Plan
Marine bioregional plan for the Temperate East Marine Region
Prepared under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999
Marine bioregional plan
The Temperate East Marine Bioregional Plan has been prepared under section 176 of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act). The plan aims to strengthen the operation of the EPBC Act in the Commonwealth marine area of the Temperate East Marine Region to help ensure that the marine environment of the region remains healthy and resilient.
The bioregional plan describes the marine environment and conservation values (protected species, protected places and key ecological features) of the Temperate East Marine Region, sets out broad objectives for its biodiversity, identifies regional priorities, and outlines strategies and actions to achieve these.
Download the plan
Schedule 1 - Pressure analysis presents a full description of the pressures on the conservation values of the region that have been assessed as being of concern or of potential concern.
Schedule 2 - Regional advice on matters of national environmental significance will assist people who plan to undertake activities in, or potentially impacting on, the Commonwealth marine environment to better understand and meet their obligations under the EPBC Act. It will also assist in deciding whether a proposed action should be referred to the minister for assessment, and identify any information that is likely to be important as part of the referral.
The Conservation Value Report Cards for this region present a summary of the scientific information on the distribution, conservation status and pressures on the conservation values in the region including the Commonwealth marine environment, existing heritage places, and a range of species. They also present information about existing management arrangements.
- Commonwealth marine environment report card (PDF - 1028KB) | (Word - 810KB)
- Protected places report card (PDF - 629KB) | (Word - 379KB)
- Species group report card - bony fishes (PDF - 575KB) | (Word - 132KB)
- Species group report card - cetaceans (PDF - 600B) | (Word - 210KB)
- Species group report card - marine reptiles (PDF - 663KB) | (Word - 191KB)
- Species group report card - seabirds (PDF - 642KB) | (Word - 146KB)
- Species group report card - sharks (PDF - 555KB) | (Word - 133KB)