These documents were commissioned by the 2006 Australian State of the Environment Committee to provide additional information on ten issues, selected by the committee, that have implications for more than one of the SoE reporting themes.
Independent contract authors prepared the commentaries and the opinions contained within them are those of the authors. The integrative commentaries were used to inform and support the SoE 2006 report, Australia State of the Environment 2006 (SoE2006).
The purpose of the integrative commentaries is to address timely issues both for the present and for the future of Australia's environment and heritage. The integrative commentaries will be of significant public interest and are designed to also be of interest and relevance to policy makers.
The integrative commentaries written for SoE 2006 are:
- An integrated approach to environment and heritage issues
- Changing the delivery of environmental stewardship in Australia
- Critical issues in regional natural resource management
- Indigenous involvement in environmental and heritage management
- Living in a land of fire
- Living in a variable climate
- Progress in accessing environmental data and information
- The role of local government in environmental and heritage management
- The role of the private sector in environmental stewardship
- The suburbanisation of coastal Australia
Links to another web site
Links to data in the DRS
Opens a pop-up window