Independent Report to the Commonwealth Minister for the Environment and Heritage
Australian State of the Environment Committee, Authors
CSIRO Publishing on behalf of the Department of the Environment and Heritage, 2001
ISBN 0 643 06745 0
- Australia State of the Environment 2001 - full report (PDF - 11 160 KB)
- Part 1 Contents, Executive Overview, Key Findings and Introduction (PDF - 179 KB)
- Part 2a Australia's environment in context (PDF - 750 KB)
- Part 2b Australia's environment in context (continued) (PDF - 1563 KB)
- Part 3a Thematic findings - Atmosphere and Coasts and Oceans (PDF - 420 KB)
- Part 3b Thematic findings - Coasts and Oceans and Land (PDF - 965 KB)
- Part 3c Thematic findings - Land and Inland Waters (PDF - 1108 KB)
- Part 3d Thematic findings - Inland Waters (PDF - 1632 KB)
- Part 3e Thematic findings - Inland Waters and Biodiversity (PDF - 1980 KB)
- Part 3f Thematic findings - Biodiversity and Natural and Cultural Heritage (PDF - 1506 KB)
- Part 3g Thematic findings - Natural and Cultural Heritage and Human Settlements (PDF - 1120 KB)
- Part 4 Future Directions (PDF - 25 KB)
- Part 5 Appendices 1 - 4, Abbreviations, Glossary, References, Index (PDF - 79 KB)
- Letter of transmittal
- Executive overview
- Key findings
- Australia's environment in context
- Thematic findings
- Future directions
- Case Studies
- Environmental Indicators
Australian State of the Environment Committee, 2001. Australia State of the Environment 2001, Independent Report to the Commonwealth Minister for the Environment and Heritage, CSIRO Publishing on behalf of the Department of the Environment and Heritage, Canberra.
This report was prepared by the ASEC and was guided by the seven theme reports: Atmosphere, Biodiversity, Coasts and Oceans, Human Settlements, Inland Waters, Land, and Natural and Cultural Heritage. The views it contains are not necessarily those of the Commonwealth, State or Territory Governments. The Commonwealth, which includes the ASEC, does not accept responsibility in respect of any information or advice given in relation to or as a consequence of anything contained herein.
Australian State of the Environment Committee.
Australia state of the environment 2001.
ISBN 0 643 06745 0.
ISBN 0 643 06753 1 (CD-ROM).
ISBN 0 643 06754 X (8 v.).
1. Environmental policy - Australia. 2. Environmental monitoring - Australia. 3. Environmental protection - Australia. 4. Environmental management - Australia. 5. Human ecology - Australia. 6. Nature - Effect of human beings on - Australia. I. Australia. Environment Australia. II. Title.
Commonwealth of Australia 2001
This work is copyright. It may be reproduced for study, research or training purposes subject to the inclusion of an acknowledgment of the source and no commercial usage or sale. Reproduction for purposes other than those above requires the written permission from the Commonwealth, available from Environment Australia. Requests and inquiries concerning reproduction and rights should be addressed to the:
Corporate Relations and Education Branch
GPO Box 787
Canberra ACT 2601
Published by CSIRO PUBLISHING on behalf of the Department of the Environment and Heritage.
PO Box 1139
Collingwood VIC 3066
Telephone: +61 3 9662 7666
Freecall: 1800 645 051 (Australia only)
Fax: +61 3 9662 7555
Web site: www.publish.csiro.au