For media and artists


Commercial filming, photography, sound or artwork permit

We welcome everyone’s interest in Kakadu - there are so many stories to tell. All commercial film crews, still photographers, artists and sound recorders need to apply for a permit to carry out commercial work in the park. A commercial permit is also required to use an existing image of the park for a commercial purpose. This also applies to media outlets. Click here to view the existing images available for download with permit approval.

If the story has been deemed ‘news of the day’ by the park manager, news media are not required to have a permit. Please check with the park on (08) 8938 1176 or the Parks Australia media team if this applies to you.

Download this form to apply for a permit to conduct commercial filming, photography or art in Kakadu National Park.

Commercial filming, photography or artwork permit application form (PDF - 755.63 KB)(DOCX - 237.28 KB)