Kakadu Tourism Consultative Committee
The committee provides advice on tourism issues in Kakadu National Park. Matters are brought to the committee either by the Kakadu Board of Management or by members on behalf of the groups they represent.
The role of the committee
The committee was established by the Kakadu National Park Board of Management, reports directly to the Board and is chaired by a Board member. Some key aspects of the committee's role are:
- To provide advice and industry expertise on proposals relating to tourism in the park.
- To establish and maintain sound working relationships between traditional owners, Kakadu National Park, and the tourism industry.
- To provide advice to the Board on commercial aspects of park management, including commercial opportunities and revenue potential.
- To create greater understanding by the Board and Parks Operations and Tourism Branch about tourism industry aspirations and responsibilities in the park, and understanding within the tourism industry of traditional owners' interests and park management objectives.
- To build understanding in the tourism industry and government for park management objectives and arrangements.