© Director of National Parks, 2005
- Director of National Parks Annual Report 2004-05 - Full Report (PDF - 4373 KB)
- Mission and Highlights (PDF - 495 KB)
- Director's review (PDF - 108 KB)
- Financial and Commonwealth reserves system summary (PDF - 72 KB)
- Organisational structure (PDF - 104 KB)
- Corporate overview (PDF - 78 KB)
- Planning, reporting and performance section (PDF - 69 KB)
- State of the parks report (PDF - 1865 KB)
- Management and accountability section (PDF - 101 KB)
- Financial statements (PDF - 255 KB)
- Appendices (PDF - 146 KB)
About this document
This annual report was prepared in accordance with the Commonwealth Authorities and Companies Act 1997 and the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act). The holder of the office of the Director of National Parks is responsible under section 9 of the Commonwealth Authorities and Companies Act 1997 for the preparation and content of the report of operations in accordance with Finance Minister's Orders.
The annual report of the Director of National Parks for 2004-05 consists of the following parts:
- Managing the Australian Government's protected areas
A snapshot of the organisation, our mission, description of highlights for the 2004-2005 financial year, plus a map showing the location of Commonwealth parks and reserves
- Director's review
The Director overviews our achievements for the year and future directions
- Financial and Commonwealth reserves system summary
Income, expenditure and system information at a glance
- Organisational structure
Key management staff and membership of statutory boards
The Director's legal basis, responsibilities and values
- Planning, reporting and performance
Planning, operating and reporting frameworks and strategies
- State of the parks report
How each place for which the Director is responsible performed in 2004
- Management and accountability
Key coporate governance arrangements including enforcement, staffing and safety statistics
- Financial statements
Audited 2004-05 financial statements
Freedom of Information Statement, acronyms and shortened forms, glossary of technical terms and compliance index.
This report is presented to the Minister for tabling in the Parliament of the Commonwealth of Australia. It also aims to meet the information needs of other people with an interest in the management of Commonwealth reserves. These include Commonwealth, state and territory government agencies, local government, non-government organisations, staff of the Department of the Environment and Heritage and the general public.
For more information
More information on the parks and reserves discussed in this report and related issues is available at www.environment.gov.au/parks.
This report is available from the Department's Community Information Unit, phone 1800 803 772.