Booderee National Park offers three camping areas. All campsites are unpowered. It is advisable to book campsites in advance as camping is very popular during peak periods.
Our camping experience was phenomenal... the site was immaculate and incredibly well kept... the amenities were modern and well maintained, we saw all manner of Australian wildlife... the beach was beautiful and the bush was amazing.
As an Aussie, it was the best Australian experience I have ever had in a campground, and more than any international visitor could ask for to give them a taste of Australia and good things to say about this country when they get home.
Mark from Sydney, March 2010
Bookings are essential and may be made up to four months in advance. They are not transferable and sites cannot be sublet. Sites can be reserved for a maximum period of two weeks.
Weekend sites at Green Patch and Bristol Point are generally fully booked up to a month in advance during the warmer months from October through to May. Sites at Cave Beach are more readily available, but do require you to leave your car and walk to the campsites located 300 metres from the parking area. Campsites at Green Patch and Bristol Point are allocated on a ballot system for the Christmas school holidays.
The pricing structure is based on amount of equipment and number of vehicles that can be accommodated on the site.
When making a booking please provide:
- dimensions of your tent, tents or van (annexes and awnings must be included in dimensions);
- number of vehicles you will have on your site (trailers and boats are counted as vehicles); and
- registration numbers of all vehicles.
To make a booking contact the Booderee Visitor Centre: phone: 02 4443 0977 or email: email@example.com
Please check in at the Booderee Visitor Centre upon arrival. If you arrive late please check in the following day. Park-use fees are now included in your camping fees - campers must have their receipts clearly displayed in their cars at all times. Campsites must be vacated by 12 noon on the day of departure.
Full payment at the time of booking is required for camping fees. Any cancellation must be made 14 days before arrival date in order to receive a refund (less $20 administration fee).
- please observe the quiet time after 10 pm
- please recycle your waste in bins provided
- keep all equipment within the confines of your campsite and away from vegetation
- use poles provided - do not tie ropes in trees or shrubs
- only light fires in fireplaces provided, note all fire prohibited on total fire ban days
- please use fires for cooking only - gas appliances may be used at your campsite
- only collect wood from woodbins
- do not feed the wildlife
- for the safety of Booderee's wildlife do not bring plants, animals or pets into the park
- please do not dig trenches
- be aware that snakes, spiders and ticks all live in and around the camping areas
- use bins and drains provided to dispose of liquid and solid waste
- generators are not permitted as they disturb people and wildlife
Campsites at Green Patch and Bristol Point are allocated on a ballot system for the Christmas school holidays. To take part, apply in writing between August 1 and August 21. There is a limit of one site per booking for maximum stays of three weeks in blocks from Saturday to Saturday. Full payment is required on notification of successful ballot draws.
Additional conditions apply during this period:
- Reservations are only taken in weekly blocks from Saturday to Saturday;
- A maximum of three weeks reservation, and a minimum one week reservation period applies