New South Wales assessment bilateral agreement - Background
Assessment Bilateral Agreement- 20 December 2013 to 25 February 2015
NOTE: This bilateral agreement has been superseded - Current agreement.
Agreement between the Commonwealth of Australia and the State of New South Wales relating to Environmental Impact Assessment Department of the Environment, 20 December 2013. Ceased to operate 25 February 2015.
- New South Wales Assessment Bilateral Agreement (PDF - 983.24 KB) | (DOCX - 135.01 KB)
- Agreement notice (PDF - 15.82 KB) | (DOC - 34 KB)
- Report on Comments (PDF - 231.11 KB) | (DOCX - 35.72 KB)
- Statement of Reasons (PDF - 3.99 MB) | (DOC - 103.5 KB)
Submissions by interested parties on the New South Wales draft assessment bilateral agreement closed on Wednesday, 18 December 2013.
The Department would like to thank all those who provided submissions.
- Association of Mining and Exploration Companies Inc (PDF - 1,386 KB)
- Australian Conservation Foundation (PDF - 446 KB)
- Australian Network of Environmental Defender's Offices Inc (PDF - 606 KB)
- Batwatch Australia (PDF - 112 KB)
- Blue Mountains Conservation Society (PDF - 53 KB)
- Friends of the Koala (PDF - 772 KB)
- G King (Word - 38 KB)
- Gregory Smith (Word - 24 KB)
- Indigenous Advisory Committee (PDF - 2,033 KB)
- Law Society of NSW (on behalf of the Indigenous Issues Committee) (PDF - 440 KB)
- Lindy Smith (Word - 24 KB)
- Minerals Council of Australia (PDF - 32 KB)
- Natural Allies (PDF - 658 KB)
- NSW Aboriginal Land Council (PDF - 254 KB)
- NSW Farmers (PDF - 669 KB)
- NSW Minerals Council (PDF - 298 KB)
- Property Council of Australia (PDF - 537 KB)
- Richard Sharp (Word - 25 KB)
- Roland Bow (Word - 23 KB)
- Sharon Salmi (Word - 24 KB)
- The Wilderness Society (Word - 85 KB)
- Urban Taskforce (PDF - 88 KB)
- Wayne Olling (Word - 41 KB)
- WWF Australia (PDF - 96 KB)
The views expressed in submissions from interested parties and published on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of the Commonwealth or the Minister, nor does publication of these submissions indicate the Commonwealth’s commitment to any particular course of action.
Further, the Commonwealth accepts no responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of any of the information contained in any submission on or accessed through this website, and the Commonwealth shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that may be occasioned directly or indirectly through the use of, or reliance on, the information contained in the submissions. Users of the information must make their own inquiries and assessments about those matters and/or seek independent advice.
Invitation to comment
- Invitation to comment on a draft assessment bilateral agreement with New South Wales
- Draft New South Wales Assessment Bilateral Agreement - for comment (PDF - 41.09 KB) (DOCX - 41.31 KB)
Notice of Intent
- Notice of intention to develop a draft bilateral agreement with New South Wales relating to environmental assessment
About this notice
Section 45(3) of the EPBC Act requires that the Minister, as soon as practicable after starting the process of developing a draft bilateral agreement with a State or Territory, publish a notice of intention to develop a draft bilateral agreement. The notice is published in the government Gazette, in a daily newspaper that circulates in the relevant State or Territory and on the Department's website.