The following educational resources can support teaching and learning within the AuSSI framework. Further resources are also available through the state and territory AuSSI websites.
- Your Energy Savings provides information about saving energy, saving money and available government assistance.
- Carbon Kids is a CSIRO educational program that helps primary and secondary school communities better understand climate change and encourages positive actions for sustainability. The website includes educational and curriculum resources.
- Bureau of Meteorology students and teachers website provides subject specific experiments and activities for teachers and students, lesson plans, worksheets, interactive models, brochures, access to borrowing a weather kit and more.
- Information about the enhanced greenhouse effect.
- Australian Water Education Toolkit is an Australian Government web portal providing a search tool and access to hundreds of water education resources.
- Discovering wetlands in Australia - A Primary classroom resource
The Australian Government Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities provides a range of educational resources, including the following:
- Classroom Antarctica is an online teaching resource aimed at Years 5 to 8.
- Reef Education is a portal of resources about the Great Barrier Reef.
- Marine species teachers and students site provides information about dolphins, porpoises and whales, teaching units, interactive online activities for students and access to recorded whale songs.
- Weeds in Australia is a website providing resources, interactive games, competitions and ideas for hands on activities for kids about weeds in Australia.
- Green Kids Guide to Threatened Species: 9 Ways You Can Help.
- The Australian National Botanic Gardens offers an array of hands-on engagement and educational experiences
- World Heritage Education Program features Australia's World Heritage places and is designed for students in Years 5 to 10.
- Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations has a Values Education website.
- On Holy Ground is an ecological vision statement for Catholic schools and agencies.
- 12 Canoes is a website offering a range of short videos which explain the Yolngu (people of North-East Arnhem Land) way of life and connection to country.
- Australian Screen website, operated by the National Film and Sound Archive, offers a range of documentaries about Indigenous culture, some with teacher's notes.
- Educating for a Sustainable Future: A National Environmental Education Statement for Australian Schools (2005).
- Sustainability Curriculum Framework is a guide for curriculum writers and policy makers about incorporating sustainability into the curriculum.
- Whole School Approaches to Sustainability: An International Review of Whole Schools Sustainability Programs (2004). Australian Research Institute in Education for Sustainability.
- Engaging People in Sustainability comprises case studies of community engagement for sustainability.
- Australian Government Sustainable procurement guide is designed for government, but useful for any organisation.