Director of National Parks, 2012
About the report
The report was prepared in accordance with the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) for consideration by the Minister for Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities in relation to the proposed Proclamation of 40 Commonwealth marine reserves under the EPBC Act and amendment of the names of four existing reserves. Seven reserves and one conservation zone have been revoked as these areas have been included in the new reserves.
This report sets out all of the matters that were to be dealt with by the proposed Proclamation and the process for developing the proposal; including consideration of socio-economic issues and consultation with stakeholders and the public.
- Report of the Director of National Parks concerning the proposed Proclamation of 40 Commonwealth marine reserves (PDF - 2078KB) | (Word - 799KB)
- Annex A: Notice of proposed proclamations - Commonwealth reserves
- Annex B: Completing the Commonwealth marine reserves network Regulatory Impact Statement
- Annex C: List of respondents who provided submissions
- Annex D: Copy of submissions received (approx 80,000 - not publicly available)