Nominate to the EPBC Act lists
Species and ecological community nomination lists
Any person may nominate a native species, ecological community or threatening process for listing under any of the categories specified in the EPBC Act.
- about nominations
- make a nomination
- nomination process flowchart
- species and ecological communities lists
Note, there is no public nomination process for:
- species to be added on the list of migratory species maintained under the international agreements Bonn Convention, CAMBA and JAMBA
- species to be added on the list of CITES specimens
The public can also nominate places for inclusion in the National Heritage List or in the Commonwealth Heritage List.
- a place with outstanding heritage values to the National Heritage List
- natural, indigenous and historic heritage places to the Commonwealth Heritage List
Note, there is no public nomination process for a place to be added on the World Heritage List
There is also no public nomination process for wetlands to be added on the list under the Ramsar Convention on wetlands