Strategic directions for the regional delivery of incentives for natural resource management outcomes
Key messages from a series of state-based workshops
Donna Hazell, Michael Williams, Dr Jann Williams and Dr Phil Price
CRES ANU, Michael Williams & Associates Pty Ltd, NRM Insights Pty Ltd and Mackellar Pty Ltd
Department of the Environment and Heritage, December 2003
- Strategic directions for the regional delivery of incentives for natural resource management outcomes (PDF - 1,059 KB)
About the report
This final report is presented in four sections:
- Section One provides the introduction and background to the report.
- Section Two summarises the guiding principles, impediments, strategies and emerging themes identified by participants in each State workshop, focussing on key areas of similarity and diversity between regions and States.
- Section Three synthesises the key messages for the development of regional incentive programs arising from the State workshops.
- Section Four identifies strategic directions for Australian Government involvement to give effect to the key messages received from workshop participants and to assist the Australian Government improve the effectiveness and efficiency of regional conservation incentives supported under NHT and NAP.
Quotes from individuals at the workshops are used to underpin the views expressed by workshop participants. The State in which the workshop was held is identified at the end of each quote.