by Mr Bill Kelty AC
- Tasmanian Forests - Interim Report part 1 (PDF - 2 MB) | (Word - 2 MB)
- Tasmanian Forests - Interim Report Annexure 1 (PDF - 2.5 MB) | (Word - 3.4 MB)
- Tasmanian Forests - Interim Report Annexure 2 part a (PDF - 2.5 MB) | (Word - 3.1 MB)
- Tasmanian Forests - Interim Report Annexure 2 part b (PDF - 2.5 MB) | (Word - 2.3 MB)
- Tasmanian Forests - Interim Report Annexure 2 part c (PDF - 2.5 MB) | (Word - 10.2 MB)
- Media release: Tasmanian forests interim report tabled - 5 April 2011
About the report
On 5 April 2011, the Australian Government presented the Tasmanian Forests - Interim Report for Consideration by Mr Bill Kelty AC to the President of the Australian Senate, for tabling at the Australian Senate's next sitting. Mr Kelty provided the report to the Australian and Tasmanian governments on 31 March 2011.
In October 2010, the Tasmanian forestry industry and several environmental non government organisations reached an historic high level principles agreement for protecting native forests and developing a sustainable timber industry in Tasmania.
The Australian Government welcomed the landmark agreement and in December last year appointed Mr Kelty as independent facilitator to assist signatories to progress the agreement and report back to the Government.
The Australian Government will consider the findings and recommendations in Mr Kelty's report, and is expected to respond to it in coming weeks.
Further information on the Australian Government's response to the Statement of principles can be found at the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry website: