- National Landcare Program
'Native Grasses Identification Handbook for Temperate Australia' by Meredith Mitchell
- National Trust
'Field Guide to Victoria's Native Grasslands' by N. Scarlett, S. Wallbrink, K. McDougall.
- Victorian National Parks Association and Trust for Nature (Victoria)
'Plains Wandering. Exploring the grassy plains of southeastern Australia'
Written by Ian Lunt, James Ross and Tim Barlow, 1998
Ecology of the lowland Plains is described eight regional descriptions cover NSW, ACT, Vic, SA and Tasmania.
Easy identification of 280 plants.
- Authors with funding from Commonwealth, others.
'Grassland Flora - a field guide for the Southern Tablelands (NSW and ACT)'
Eddy D, Mallinson D, Rehwinkel R and Sharp S, 1998
A field guide describing about 300 species that occur in grasslands in Southern Tablelands and elsewhere in south-eastern Australia. Photographs for each species.
Cost: $16.50 each, plus postage.
Available from "Grassland Flora"
Wildlife Research and Monitoring
PO Box 144
Lyneham ACT 2602
Telephone: (02) 6207 2126
- Native Grass Resources Group (South Australia)
'Grass Identification Manual - for everyone' Gibbs, J. and Gibbs, R.
104pp, $25 plus postage and handling.
Pictorial guide to recognition of 78 native and exotic grasses commonly found around Adelaide and in the Mount Lofty Ranges, South Australia. Contains colour photos and black and white drawings.
- Friends of Grasslands
PO Box 987
Canberra ACT 2608
- Friends of Merri Creek
PO Box 93
Moreland VIC 3058
- Mid North Grasslands Working Group (SA)
PO Box 12
Brinkworth SA 5464
- Keilor Plains Group
PO Box 115
Niddrie VIC 3042
- Victorian National Parks Association
10 Parliament Place
East Melbourne VIC 3002
Phone: (03) 96508296
- Victorian University of Technology
Iramoo Sustainable Living Precinct
Phone: (03) 93652711
Iramoo Education Officer: (03) 93652617
- Trust for Nature (Victoria)
Level 2, 385 Little Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Freecall: 1800 999933
- Environment Australia
GPO Box 787
Canberra ACT 2601
Phone: (02) 62741111
- Native Grass Resources Group (SA)
C/o Mt Lofty Ranges Catchment Resource Centre
Upper level, Professional Centre
Corner Mann and Walker Streets
Mount Barker SA 5251
- Royal Australasian Ornithologists Union (now Birds Australia)
- World Wide Fund for Nature - Australia
15/71 Constitution Ave
Campbell ACT 2612
Phone: (02) 62574010
- Grassy Ecosystems Reference Group (No longer in existence, contact VNPA)
- Department of Natural Resources and Environment (Victoria)
PO Box 18
Coolah NSW 2843