Register of Cultural Heritage Management Training Providers
Ms Mohr is experienced in delivering training to Indigenous people.
Ms Mohr has the following relevant qualifications and experience:
- Workplace Trainer and Assessor, Master of Art Administration, Graduate Diploma of Museum Studies, Bachelor of Visual Arts.
- 20 years of cultural heritage management practice with the Queensland Museum as Museum Development Officer in western, northern and southern Queensland providing training and professional development for volunteer run museums, galleries and keeping places. Fiona has conducted significance assessments of cultural heritage material, developed exhibitions and other public programs, conducted training in strategic planning, collection management, significance assessment, preventative conservation, textiles / paper / object preservation, collection database, display development and others as required. Fiona has written numerous reports for the Queensland Museum. Previously as a Senior Curator with the Mary MacKillop Museum. Fiona documented the sites Australia-wide associated with Mary MacKillop assisted by a Commonwealth Government grant. Prior to this, Fiona was Registrar of Exhibitions for the Art Gallery of NSW working on all domestic and international exhibitions, and had responsibility for their permanent collections. In all of these positions Fiona worked with Indigenous groups (see below).
Fiona has a range of experience working with Indigenous people, including:
- 2007 - 2011 Cherbourg Ration Shed Precinct - conducted collection management training, and held workshops on interpretive signage, a display development, and developing public programs.
- 2004 2005 - mentored an Indigenous trainee through the Youth Arts Queensland - Youth Arts Mentoring Program.
- 2003 - conducted display development workshops for the Girringun Elders Group in Cardwell and project managed the group for the development of display.
- 2002 - conducted display development workshops for the Cardwell and Murray Upper Coop.
- 1999 - while a Museum Development Officer with Queensland Museums, Fiona worked with the Cooktown Aboriginal Land Council to realise community projects - part of a collaboration with Museums Australia Queensland.
Ms Mohr has conducted several workshops and activities with, and delivered cultural heritage management training to Indigenous groups within the last 12 months (valid at April 2013).
PLEASE NOTE: The Register of Cultural Heritage Management Training Providers is provided for information only. The Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities does not endorse or recommend any listed training provider on the Register or warrant that any providers are suitable or appropriately qualified. Organisations should conduct their own procurement processes before choosing or engaging a trainer. Information on the Register is as provided by the listed training providers.
About the Register
The Register of Cultural Heritage Management Training Providers has been developed as a resource for Indigenous land and sea managers who want to undertake training in cultural heritage management.
Please contact us if you wish to be included on the register, or if you or your organisation is included on the Register and you would like to update any details. Email: workingoncountry@