Training provided - Accredited courses
|Training package||Unit title||Unit code|
|Conservation & Land Management - Certificate II||Maintain cultural places||AHCILM201A|
|Record information about country||AHCILM203A|
Conservation & Land
- Certificate III
|Propose appropriate use of traditional customs||AHCILM301A|
|Provide appropriate information on cultural knowledge||AHCILM302A|
EnviTE Training trainers are non-Indigenous.
The trainers have the following relevant qualifications and experience:
- Stuart Hanna - Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAA), Diploma Conservation and Land Management
- Justin Couper - Certificate IV TAA, Certificate IV in Bushland Regeneration, Supervisor
- Ian Gibbs - Plan, Conduct & Review (BSZ), SOA - Certificate II in Bushland Regeneration, Assess only, train under supervision (field)
- Mick Webb - Certificate IV TAA, Bachelor of Applied Science (Resource Management), Supervisor
- Julie Reid - Plan, Conduct & Review (BSZ), Bachelor of Applied Science (Resource Managemen), Graduate Diploma in Education, Assess only, train under supervision
- Iain Stych - Certificate IV AWT (BSZ), Certificate III Conservation & Land Management (undertaking Cert IV), Supervisor
All EnviTE trainers have had experience in the delivery of training to Indigenous people. In the case of delivery of cultural heritage units EnviTE would out source this to Indigenous trainers who would be accepted by the Indigenous group we were involved with.
EnviTE has not been contracted to deliver cultural heritage training but has many years experience working within cultural guiding principles to ensure effective delivery of training and on-ground projects.
Training staff have tertiary qualifications in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (Southern Cross University) and additional courses have been undertaken in 'Aboriginal Cultural Awareness' (Community Programs Training).
EnviTE Training Aboriginal Capability Statement at 1 Sept 2011 (edited)
- Jali Local Aboriginal Land Council (trainer - Stuart Hanna)
Training during 2009-10 - Certificate II CLM. This has also extended to hotspot fire planning and ecological burn implementation training.
Training 2010/11 - Certificate III Conservation and Land Management (CLM) for 4 participants.
- Githabul cultural country group (trainers -Stuart Hanna, Iain Stych and Ian Gibbs)
Training 2010 - Certificate II CLM for 8 participants
Training 2011 - Certificate III CLM for 8 participants
- Ngulingah Local Aboriginal Land Council (trainers - Stuart Hanna, Iain Stych, Ian Gibbs, Jackie Paine, Russel O'Regan)
Training 2010 - Certificate II CLM
Training 2011 - Certificate III CLM
- Ngerrie Local Aboriginal Land Council and Barra:way Wa:jad traditional owners group (trainers - Justin Couper, Mick Webb)
Certificate II CLM.
- Muli Muli Local Aboriginal Land Council (trainers -Stuart Hanna and Hank Hazenveld)
Training 2007 - Certificate II CLM for 11 participants.
- Bandjalang custodians of Minyumai (trainers - Stuart Hanna, Phillipe Binutry)
Training 2007 - Certificate II CLM units for 10 participants
EnviTE Training has not delivered cultural heritage management training to an Indigenous group within the last 12 months (valid at October 2011).
PLEASE NOTE: The Register of Cultural Heritage Management Training Providers is provided for information only. The Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities does not endorse or recommend any listed training provider on the Register or warrant that any providers are suitable or appropriately qualified. Organisations should conduct their own procurement processes before choosing or engaging a trainer. Information on the Register is as provided by the listed training providers.
About the Register
The Register of Cultural Heritage Management Training Providers has been developed as a resource for Indigenous land and sea managers who want to undertake training in cultural heritage management.
Please contact us if you wish to be included on the register, or if you or your organisation is included on the Register and you would like to update any details. Email: workingoncountry@