- Pendoley 2009 General Permit Application Form
- Pendoley 2009 Supplementary Form C Part 1
- Pendoley 2009 Supplementary Form C Part 2
- Pendoley 2009 Action Description - Satellite Telemetry of Marine Turtles at Norfolk Island
- Pendoley 2009 Additional Information
- Pendoley Environmental Satellite Transmitter Attachment Standard Operating Procedure Part1
- Pendoley Environmental Satellite Transmitter Attachment Standard Operating Procedure Part2
The permit application also references:
- Ehrhart, L.M. & L.H. Ogren. 1999. Studies in Foraging Habitats: Capturing and Handling Turtles. In: Eckert, K.L. K.A. Bjorndal, F.A. Abreu-Grobois & M. Donnelly (Editors). Research and Management Techniques for Conservation of Sea Turtles. IUCN/SSC Marine Turtle Specialist Group Publication No. 4. pp. 61-64.
- Coyne, M., Godfrey, M., Godley, B. and Lay, K. (2008) Hard Shell Sea Turtle PTT Attachment Protocol. Available from http://www.seaturtle.org/documents/PTT_Attachment_Protocol.pdf
About the application
The Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts has received an application for a permit to kill, injure, take, trade, keep or move a listed threatened species and ecological community, listed migratory species, or listed marine species in a Commonwealth Area under Part 13, sections 200, 215 & 257 of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act). The application is to catch, attach a platform terminal transmitter to, and release four Green turtles and two Hawksbill turtles on Norfolk Island to satellite-track their movements for conservation purposes. Green turtles (Chelonia mydas) and Hawksbill turtles (Eretmochelys imbricata) are vulnerable under the EPBC Act.
Please see the documents above for further details on the proposal.
If the application for a permit to conduct the activity is approved the permit will be valid for a period of up to five years.
In accordance with the provisions of sections 200(3), 215(3) & 257(3) of the Act, you are invited to comment on this proposal.
Please submit your comments by 12 January 2009.
Please include your full name and address in your submission. Comments should be addressed to:
Commonwealth and Territories Section
Environment Assessment Branch
Approvals and Wildlife Division
Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts
GPO Box 787
Canberra ACT 2601
or can be e-mailed to: EPBC.Permits@environment.gov.au
To assist in considering comments, you are encouraged to provide comments under the following headings:
- Management and methodology
- Monitoring procedures
- Ecological sustainability of the operation
- Animal welfare
Before you download
Some documents are available as PDF files. You will need a PDF reader to view PDF files.
List of PDF readers
If you are unable to access a publication, please contact us to organise a suitable alternative format.
Links to another web site
Opens a pop-up window