Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts, December 2009
- Significant Impact Guidelines 1.1 - Matters of National Environmental Significance (PDF - 646 KB) | (RTF - 131 KB)
About this policy statement
This Significant impact guidelines provide overarching guidance on determining whether an action is likely to have a significant impact on a matter protected under national environment law — the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999.
Other EPBC Act Policy Statements providing specific guidance may also be available.
The matters of national environmental significance protected under national environment law include:
- listed threatened species and communities
- listed migratory species
- Ramsar wetlands of international importance
- Commonwealth marine environment
- world heritage properties
- national heritage places
- the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park
- nuclear actions