Information for industry sectors
The matters of national environmental significance - significant impact guidelines appendix provides detailed assistance in relation to whether, and in what circumstances, some selected sectoral activity is likely to have a significant impact on a matter of national environmental significance.
The examples in the appendix should be read in conjunction with the significant impact criteria in the guidelines and should not be taken to be conclusive.
This guidance relates to the following sectoral activities:
- mineral exploration
- urban development
- marine activities
See also the industry guidelines for:
- Interaction between offshore seismic exploration and whales - 2008
- Offshore aquaculture - 2006
- Wind farm industry - 2009
- Agricultural Industry – please refer to Farming fact sheets for guidance on agricultural practices which may need approval under national environmental law
- Marine bioregional plans - plans identify conservation values, pressures and priorities in the Commonwealth marine area of four marine regions