Cetacean permit application C2012-0004
Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities, May 2012
- General permit application (PDF - 63KB) | (Word - 115KB)
- Application - Supplementary Form A (PDF - 71KB) | (Word - 142KB)
- Application - Supplementary Form A Additional Information (PDF - 1684KB) | (Word - 53KB)
- Additional information (PDF - 15KB) | (Word - 57KB)
- Additional qualification details (PDF - 70KB) | (Word - 27KB)
- Treatment of biological samples (PDF - 29KB) | (Word - 59KB)
About the application
The Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities has received an application for a permit under Part 13, section 237 of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act).
The activity proposed to be undertaken involves research work to determine the feeding behaviour and ecology of humpback whales (Megaptera novaeangliae) off the NSW coast at Eden. This work will include the collection of biopsy samples, deployment of D-tags and the conduct of focal follows. The work is scheduled to occur in the period from 30 July 2012 to 31 December 2013.
In accordance with the provisions of section 237(3b) of the EPBC Act, you are invited to comment on this proposal before COB 6 June 2012. Comments can be sent by email to EPBC.email@example.com or in writing to:
Cetacean Conservation Management Section
GPO Box 787
Canberra ACT 2601