Submission for environmental assessment under the EPBC Act
Department of the Environment and Heritage, 5 May 2003
Department of the Environment and Heritage (DEH) received a submission — Draft assessment report - Torres Strait Tropical Rock Lobster Fishery — from the Australian Fisheries Management Authority (AFMA). The report was prepared against the Commonwealth Guidelines for the ecologically sustainable management of fisheries. The submission was used to assess the operation of the fishery for the purposes of Parts 10, 13 and 13A of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act).
Electronic copies of the submission are available from the AFMA website at www.afma.gov.au or a hard copy can be mailed to you upon request.
- More about the Torres Strait Tropical Rock Lobster Fishery
- Australian Government Guidelines for the Ecologically Sustainable Management of Fisheries (the Guidelines)
- Australian Government Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
- The Australian Government
- Australian Seafood Industry Council
- Australian Antarctic Division
Links to another web site
Opens a pop-up window