Submission for strategic assessment under the EPBC Act
Environment Australia, 2003
About the submission
The Sustainable Fisheries Section of Department of the Environment and Heritage has a received a report - Strategic assessment report - Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery - from the Australian Fisheries Management Authority (AFMA). The report has been prepared by AFMA in accordance with the Terms of Reference for the Strategic Assessment of the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery. This draft Report provides for the assessment of the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery under both the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) and Schedule 4 of the Wildlife Protection (Regulation of Exports and Imports) Act 1982 (WP(REI) Act).
A copy of the report is available from the AFMA website at - http://www.afma.gov.au .
- More about the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery
- Australian Government Guidelines for the Ecologically Sustainable Management of Fisheries (the Guidelines)
- Australian Government Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
- The Australian Government
- Australian Seafood Industry Council
- Australian Antarctic Division
Links to another web site
Opens a pop-up window