Understanding the ocean means we can understand how to protect it for the future. This site is all about letting students learn about the ocean, whether they live near the coast or in the middle of Australia.
This page provides ideas and resources that will help you plan and teach marine education in schools, including educational activities which are based on the interactive challenges for students contained in this site.
Resources to download
Using the seashore as a classroom
- Using the seashore as a classroom - Guidelines for teachers undertaking marine investigation (PDF - 128 KB)
Resources for older students
- The open seas (PDF - 230 KB)
- Continental Shelf (PDF - 550 KB)
- Macquarie Island (PDF - 619 KB)
- The rocky reef (PDF - 184 KB)
- Seamounts (PDF - 648 KB)
Resources for younger students
- The ocean environment (PDF - 531 KB)
- Oceanography (PDF - 656 KB)
- Exploring the ocean depths (PDF - 455 KB)
- A message from the past (PDF - 674 KB)