Approved wildlife trade management plan
09 January 2013
- Approved Queensland Wildlife Trade Management Plan for Export of Commercially Harvested Macropods, 2013-2017 (PDF - 3,320 KB)
- Declaration of approved Wildlife Trade Management Plan for Export - Commercially Harvested Macropods (PDF - 87 KB) | (Word - 28 KB)
About the management plan
This management plan has been developed to satisfy the requirements of the Commonwealth's Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 and to meet the legislative and other requirements of the Queensland Government.
This management plan relates only to the commercial harvest of the following macropod species within Queensland;
- red kangaroo (Macropus rufus);
- eastern grey kangaroo (Macropus giganteus); and
- wallaroo (Macropus robustus).
This management plan is current for a maximum five-year period from 01 January 2013 to 31 December 2017.