Approved wildlife trade management plan
11 January 2008
- Approved Wildlife Trade Management Plan for Export - Commercially Harvested Macropods - (Full Report) (PDF - 7,259 KB)
- Chapter 1: Introduction (PDF - 80 KB)
- Chapter 2: Legislative and regulatory framework (PDF - 81 KB)
- Chapter 3: Biology, ecology and conservation of kangaroos (PDF - 6,928 KB)
- Chapter 4: Goals and aims (PDF - 18 KB)
- Chapter 5: Management actions and performance indicators (PDF - 59 KB)
- Chapter 6: References (PDF - 46 KB)
- Appendix A: Code of Practice for the Humane Shooting of Kangaroos (PDF - 93 KB)
- Appendix B: Methods of population monitoring and quota derivation for the Queensland Wildlife Trade Management Plan for Export (Commercially Harvested Macropods) (PDF - 75 KB)
- Declaration of approved Wildlife Trade Management Plan for Export - Commercially Harvested Macropods (PDF - 52 KB)
About the management plan
This management plan has been developed to satisfy the requirements of the Commonwealth's Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 and to meet the legislative and other requirements of the Queensland Government.
This management plan relates only to the commercial harvest of the following macropod species within Queensland;
- red kangaroo (Macropus rufus);
- eastern grey kangaroo (Macropus giganteus); and
- wallaroo (Macropus robustus).
Where the term kangaroo is used within this document it refers to all of the aforementioned macropod species and sub species.
This management plan is current for a maximum five-year period from 01 January 2008 to 31 December 2012.
In Australia the export of kangaroo products requires Commonwealth Government approval under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999.