Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts
A meeting was held in Canberra by the Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts (DEWHA) on 19 May 2009 with exotic bird stakeholders (ex-EBAG representatives and bird club representatives).
The purpose of this meeting was for DEWHA to consult with stakeholders with regards to the Exotic Bird Record Keeping Scheme (EBRKS), and to review the findings of the evaluation report undertaken in relation to the EBRKS. The meeting did not develop recommendations relating to the future of the EBRKS.
A meeting summary has been prepared by DEWHA with comments received from stakeholders during the meeting.
- EBRKS stakeholder meeting summary (PDF - 92 KB) | (RTF - 1 MB)
- Attachment A: Stakeholder meeting attendees (PDF - 16 KB) | (RTF - 29 KB)
- Attachment B: Exotic bird record keeping scheme summary (PDF - 358 KB) | (Powerpoint - 11.7 MB)
- Attachment C: Evaluation summary (PDF - 296 KB) | (Powerpoint - 7.25 MB)
- Focus questions for discussion based on the consultant's recommendations (PDF - 28 KB) | (RTF - 123 KB)
The exotic bird record keeping scheme will continue in its current form until a decision is made on its future.
Some views and opinions expressed in this publication are those of stakeholders and do not necessarily reflect those of the Australian Government or the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and the Arts.
While reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the contents of this publication are factually correct, the Commonwealth does not accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the contents, and shall not be liable for any loss or damage that may be occasioned directly or indirectly through the use of, or reliance on, the contents of this publication.