Cunningham & Milthorpe s.n., 2/8/73
NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service , July 2002
ISBN 0 7313 6517 8
9. Recovery Objectives and Performance Criteria
The overall objectives of this Recovery Plan are to clarify the conservation status of Bertya sp. Cobar-Coolabah in NSW and to ensure the viability of known populations.
Specific objectives of this Recovery Plan are to:
- limit grazing impacts at the Coolabah population;
- survey potential habitat for further populations;
- ensure there is recruitment at senescent populations;
- raise awareness of the conservation significance of Bertya sp. Cobar-Coolabah and involve the community in the recovery program.
Recovery criteria for Bertya sp. Cobar-Coolabah are as follows:
- Coolabah population is protected from grazing;
- the distribution is better understood in the Cobar-Coolabah and coastal areas;
- viability, dormancy and germination cues of seed understood;
- management strategies to encourage recruitment at Gibraltar Range and Coolabah implemented;
- educational material is disseminated and the community is involved in the implementation of the recovery plan.