Review of the National Biodiversity Strategy
In 2009 the Natural Resource Management Ministerial Council , on behalf of all state and territory governments and the Australian Government, invited public comments on the draft Australia's Biodiversity Conservation Strategy 2010-2020.
The consultation draft of Australia's Biodiversity Conservation Strategy (consultation draft) was developed collaboratively by all state and territory governments and the Australian Government, with advice from the CSIRO and the Bureau of Meteorology.
The consultation draft was made available for public comment and a range of public submissions were received. The feedback was used to revise the Strategy.
- Read the draft strategy and background documents
- Consultation draft strategy
- List of submissions received
- Previous strategy (1996)
- A national approach to biodiversity decline
- A national approach to addressing marine biodiversity decline
- Biodiversity: managing a national asset
- Overview of development of the strategy (PPT - 4.02 MB)
- Australian Government role in biodiversity conservation (PPT - 5.21 MB)