National Weeds Program, AACM International
Graham Prichard, Senior Weeds/Pest Management Officer, Port Stephens Council
Environment Australia, September 2002
- Research project to investigate floating booms for containing Alligator weed following treatment (PDF - 374 KB)
About the report
Floating booms have been proposed to contain fragments of Alligator weed without adversly impacting on human utilisation of the river or the environment. This report assesses the effectiveness of the booms for that purpose and comments on issues affecting the management of Alligator weed.
It was conducted by officers from Port Stephens Council and Maitland City Council between November 2001 and September 2002.
The project complements the following existing plans and projects:
- Increasing Alligator weed management options in the Hawkesbury Nepean Catchment (proj. no. 28427)
- Alligator weed herbicide trials
- Alligator weed field survey program conducted by Port Stephens Council and Maitland City Council
- Alligator weed regional management plan