A number of facilitators and coordinators support natural resource management in Australia.
The National Weeds Management Facilitator is a good first point of contact for national weeds management information. The Facilitator undertakes a range of national weed actions, including providing advice and assistance on the implementation of the Australian Weeds Strategy at the national level. The Facilitator position is funded by the Australian Government.
The terms of reference for the National Weeds Management Facilitator are:
- The Facilitator is expected to attend meetings of the Australian Weeds Committee and assist the committee in its deliberations
- Development and implementation of national liaison and networking programs to ensure key stakeholders involved in weed control are informed and/or have up to date knowledge on all weed management issues and activities
- Support and facilitation of collaborative networks and projects to improve the quality and accessibility of weed management information and data
- Planning, implementation and facilitation of co-operative partnerships, alliances and networks among key stakeholders to achieve efficiencies and effectiveness in weed management
- Development, management and facilitation of an analysis and reporting framework on national weed efforts and activities
- Consultation and collaboration with the National Weeds Awareness Coordinator
Contact details for the National Weeds Management Facilitator:
National Weeds Management Facilitator
16 Flowers Court
Launceston TAS 7250
Phone: 03 6344 9657
Fax: 03 6343 1877
There are thirty two Weeds of National Significance (WONS). For each of the WONS a management coordinator oversees implementation of the goals and actions of the WONS national strategies, including the coordination of priority actions.
Contact details for the WONS Management Coordinators