Draft Threat abatement plan to reduce the impacts on northern Australia's biodiversity by the five listed grasses
Tthe draft Threat abatement plan to reduce the impacts on northern Australia's biodiversity by the five listed grasses was released for public consultation during the period 9 August 2011 to 21 November 2011.
- DRAFT Threat abatement plan to reduce the impacts on northern Australia's biodiversity by the five listed grasses (PDF - 553xKB) | (Word - 151KB)
- DRAFT Background: Threat abatement plan to reduce the impacts on northern Australia's biodiversity by the five listed grasses (PDF - 2703KB) | (Word - 704KB)
The overarching goal of the draft threat abatement plan (TAP) is to minimise the adverse impacts of the five listed grasses on affected native species and ecological communities. To achieve this goal, the plan has the following six objectives:
- Develop understanding of the extent, spread pathways and biodiversity impacts of infestation by the five listed grasses
- Support and facilitate coordinated management strategies through the design of tools, systems and guidelines
- Identify and strategically prioritise key assets and control areas
- Build capacity and raise awareness among stakeholders
- Implement coordinated, cost-effective on-ground management strategies in high priority areas
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the effectiveness of control programs.
The draft TAP provides a national strategy to guide the investment and effort by the Australian Government, jurisdictions, research organisations and non-government organisations in abating the impacts of the five listed grasses across northern Australia.
The focus of this draft TAP is on the identification and protection of key environmental assets.
To provide a submission, please download the cover sheet and the comments sheet and fill in the details.
Important: A cover sheet must accompany all submissions
Where to send your submissions
Return BOTH the cover sheet and the comments sheet by email or post:
Environmental Biosecurity Section
Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities
GPO Box 787
Canberra ACT 2601
Your views are being sought by the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities for the purpose of informing the Threatened Species Scientific Committee on the draft Threat abatement plan to reduce the impacts on northern Australia's biodiversity by the five listed grasses. Personal information that you provide will only be used for these purposes. Personal information may be disclosed to the members of the Committee, or to employees of Australian Government agencies assisting the Committee for the purposes outlined above. Contents of your submission may be included in subsequent publications.
All submissions will be treated as public documents, unless the author of the submission clearly requests otherwise. Public submissions may be published in full on the website, including any personal information of authors and/or other third parties contained in the submission.
If your submission contains personal information about any person who is not an author of the submission, please indicate on the cover sheet if the person or persons have not consented to the publication of their information.
Any request under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 for access to a submission marked 'confidential' will be determined in accordance with that Act.