Corporate outcome: Organisational effectiveness and efficiency
At a glance
- 2 945 people were employed by the department in locations around Australia and Australia's external territories including Antarctica, Coral Sea Islands,
Norfolk Island, Heard and McDonald Islands, Ashmore Reef and Cartier Island, Cocos and Christmas Islands.
- The median age for ongoing employees was 40.7 years (female: 38.8; male: 43.9).
- 13 292 enquiries from the Australian community were received by the department.
- 11 459 items of correspondence were received by ministers and the parliamentary secretaries.
- Over 9.6 million visits were made to the department's websites.