Cost Recovery Impact Statements
Commonwealth Government agencies with significant cost recovery arrangements are required to publish approved Cost Recovery Impact Statements (CRIS). The purpose of the CRIS below is to demonstrate the Department's compliance with the Australian Government's Cost Recovery Guidelines.
The Department has authority to cost recover from a range of activities. These include:
- Provision of certification for Australian Bird and Bat Banding;
- Issuance of specialised fuel importation permits;
- Management of the international movement of Hazardous Waste;
- Issuance of permits and compliance checks of gas pollutants;
- Issuance of sea dumping permits;
- Issuance of Water Efficiency Labels and management of water efficiency standards;
- Issuance of permits for exportation of native wildlife; and
- Assessment of applications for the accreditation of voluntary product stewardship arrangements.
The Department of Finance and Deregulation (Finance) is conducting a whole-of-government review of the Australian Government's Cost Recovery Guidelines (the Guidelines). The review will examine existing whole-of-government processes and reporting requirements, including clarifying policy, streamlining processes and increasing transparency in relation to Australian Government cost recovery activities. The review will also assess the best approach for government entities to document and report cost recovery activities.
Consultation is an important part of the review. A whole-of-government working group has been established with government entities who undertake cost recovery activities. Finance is keen to seek the views of users of Australian Government activities who are charged for those goods, services and regulation. Stakeholders can find more information on the review and submit views on the Review of the Australian Government Cost Recovery Guidelines page. The closing date for submissions is 20 August 2012.
Departmental Cost Recovery Impact Statements
- Australian Bird and Bat Banding Scheme (PDF - 189 KB) | (Word - 64 KB)
- Fuel Quality Standards Act 2000 (PDF - 210.5 KB)
- | Fuel Quality Standards Act 2000 (DOCX - 86.93 KB)
- Hazardous Waste Permits (PDF - 239 KB) | (Word - 75 KB)
- Ozone Protection and Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Management Program (PDF - 408 KB) | (Word - 134 KB)
- Sea Dumping Permit Application Fees (PDF - 232 KB) | (Word - 79 KB)
- Water Efficiency Labelling and Standards Scheme (PDF - 226 KB) | (Word - 85 KB)
- Wildlife Trade Permits
- Accreditation of Voluntary Product Stewardship Arrangements (PDF - 390 KB) | (Word - 93 KB)